Eventide Modfactor
Eventide Modfactor
Reiep Reiep

«  Swiss Army Knife »

Published on 10/31/12 at 05:20
I will not go into the technical details, you can find them in the language of Lady Gaga on the Eventide site: https://www.eventide.com/AudioDivision/Products/StompBoxes/ModFactor.aspx
Throughout the pedal seems solid, it seems to me against my Timefactor is a little more polished, especially at the encoder.
I particularly like the ability to choose the level of inputs / outputs of the pedal.

It is always the tricky part with a multi-effects. Throughout the ModFactor does not come out wrong, each button has its own function. There are a plethora of effects is a certain learning curve is necessary.
The main drawback is its own status multieffect: part effects is used more pre-amp, the other feels better in a loop. It is therefore necessary to sort and find a compromise. In my case it is in the loop, so exit the Wah.
Apart from that, being accustomed to the mode of operation of Eventide pedals, I felt "at home". Special mention Catchup handy, as well as control via MIDI.

This is the point where the ModFactor a little fishing. All sounds good, but I do not have any "wow" having fun with. It lacks that little something that makes it a must, as if everything was too perfect.
I mainly use these effects:
- Chorus: nice, but a little too neutral and discreet, I find definitely better than a distortion of the clear
- Flanger: unlike the chorus, flanger is well here and this allows good delusions
- Rotary: my favorite, but unfortunately without stereo is a little pert qualities effect
- Filter: good, but nothing exceptional
- Wah: sufficient for the extra I would have liked a autoengage as the Axe FX for expression pedals (bypass effect after a few milliseconds in a particular position, auto activation when the pedal moves )
I did that too little use other effects to give a true opinion. But all in all, except perhaps the rotary, no "killer effect".

I have a love-hate relationship with the ModFactor. In absolute terms this is a good pedal, but clearly below what could be the Eventide Timefactor. The competition will be very tough with the next Mobius from Strymon.
I would have liked more but fewer adverse personality.