Fender '62 Jaguar Japan Reissue
Fender '62 Jaguar Japan Reissue
yoTrakkz yoTrakkz

« Great sound »

Published on 11/01/11 at 14:53
I was a bit skeptical at first with this new Jaguar, because many of the old features had been changed. After playing around with it, however, i found it to be one of the most intelligently designed guitars around. The Lead/Rhythm circuit switch now functions as a Master Killswitch (for those who like to experiment Tom Morello style) and what was once the Volume and Tone controls for the Rhythm circuit are now Humbucker/Single Coil blend adjusters for each pickup. With these, you can now adjust each pickup individually if you wish for it to have Humbucking tone or Single Coil tone (or a little in between.) This gives you an almost unlimited amount of tones from one guitar

When I first held this instrument straight out of the box, I knew it was for me. The sunburst will bring a tear to your eye, and the finish is smooth as silk. as for the sound, this was my first humbucker instrument and it plays amazing. You can do something mellow like "Lenny", then even go as far as screaming metal. The tremolo is very, very, responsive, and can provide for many tones. The pickup selection is easy and each tone differentiates uniquely.

I've always loved the Jaguar, and when I saw this with humbuckers and a lower price, I had to try it! It definitely was as good as I hoped. Great sound, finish(white but I still want it in sunburst) and playability. The upgraded bridge and coil-tap were nice features too. All the knobs and switches were pretty easy to figure out, I got used to everything in about 5 minutes. I played it through a Fender Super Champ XD (really good amp, I would suggest getting that too), and the tones were amazing. I don't own it yet but it's my next guitar for sure. You have to at least try it out, you will love it