Test in 1 hour with a FENDER BLUES JUNIOR + CAN BENROD OVERDRIVE (saturation) CREAM also compared with a FENDER SQUIER JAZZMASTER INDONESIA SUNBURST COLOR 2. I'll be brief and concise:
FENDER AMERICAN SPECIAL US JAZZMASTER 3 color sunburst:
+ = Beautiful violin making body reflect wood
+/- = Wood quality standard may be below.
+ = Mechanical, bridges, proper hooping
+ = Good articulation knobs and switch
+/- = Average holding game, slight crimp on the strings (10/46)
- E = very poor, minimum service for US intolerable unusual Buzz over time! Noisy! (Yet accustomed to single coil!)
- = Appearance of rough handle, plastic
- = Asian rosewood as slightly discolored / color similar to the one found on KOREAN EPIPHONE 2007 and before or some GRETSCH ELECTROMATIC
- = No balance in the frequencies of the guitar, acute too sharp, low muddy, flat medium, similar to the original pickups a Chinese or Korean GIBSON at the time.
- Saturation = muddy, inaccurate, not "garage", it's bad!
- = Heavy, woods do not have enough sweat factory
In the state that is not enough, the worst price / quality ratio Fender, so I would put the overall score of 4.10. There is a lot of work to do on it, complete change of electronics, the original poor quality key to a more charboneuse key, or ebony, opening the handle. We can say that it is more a MEXICAN midrange a US because poorer than CLASSIC PLAYER or a DELUXE. One can almost close with a pawnshop model from FENDER MODERN PLAYER or.
FENDER SQUIER JAZZMASTER INDONESIA 2 COLOR SUNBURST MAPLE (by Troy Van Leeween on stage with his Jaguar JOHNNY MARR and signature JAZZMASTER OXBOW)
+ = Violin, gorgeous, luxurious appearance of glossy good choice of wood species (at least that's the impression she returns!). Gloss body and neck. Lightweight and comfortable!
+ = Micro P90, Seymour Duncan special design, very rock'n'roll, punchy, with a good "clean sound", a hot saturation
+ = Good performance agreements with vintage mechanical
+ = Bridge, shrinking, well, a shiny appearance
+ = Aesthetics and varnish from a good achievement
+ = Best quality / price ratio for fender - 500 € (price of labor under paid back.)
- = The knobs are fragile, change in the future
8/10 for this SQUIER, you still have to change the knobs. It's a good alternative if you can not find any Japanese to put in their mouths, and that we will neither a SQUIER JOE MASCIS SQUIER VINTAGE MODIFIED nor MADE IN CHINA.
Overall, if I were to buy one or the other is no doubt that I will take the SQUIER. The US SPECIAL AMERICAN, is inadequate, and very expensive for what it really is, you take the price between 990 and 1100 € and you add the cost of future work, in her final you will cost much more than the price of Originally seen almost as a signature or USA VINTAGE AMERICAN. In the same price range € 900/1100, you can find a widely MUSTANG import MADE IN JAPAN, which is closer to a vintage american as an ordinary american special on which all is to review and redo .