Moog Music The Ladder
Moog Music announced the release of The Ladder, a 500 Series Dynamic Ladder Filter based on Bob Moog's original ladder filter design.
The Ladder has the features of the original Moog Filter, and more.
The Ladder features include:
- Low Pass and High Pass: Analog filter section. Choose between LP and HP.
- Cutoff: Adjust this knob to determine where The Ladder begins to sculpt the sound.
- Attack and Release: These variable controls allow you to dial in the timing behavior of The Ladder's envelope section. You can use them to open and close the envelope fast or slow.
- Amount: Use in Positive or Negative mode for sound shaping and manipulation. The amount determines how much signal is sent to the envelope section of The Ladder.
- Resonance: Controls the amount of harmonic bump at the cutoff frequency. This is the voice of The Ladder. You can create speech like behavior and beyond. You can accentuate specific frequencies to excite a sound or create new ones. Note: The Ladder's Resonance control can push the unit into self-oscillation. This can be used for effect if desired.
- 2Pole/4Pole: 2 pole is equal to 12db per octave, while 4 pole is 24db per octave, which is similar to a Classic Moog filter.
- Bypass: Relay bypass for routing and A/B comparison
Availability & Pricing:
The Ladder will be available at Moog Dealers in the UK around December 2011 with an RRP of £649.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Earthworks M30 Giveaway at AES Earthworks is holding a drawing at the 131st AES Convention to give away an M30 measurement microphone worth $949 to one show attendee.
- JoeCo Blackbox Recorder Software Update JoeCo Limited has announced a software update for its BlackBox Recorder series.
- Thermionic Culture Vulture Solo The Culture Vulture Solo is a new development of the Vulture recently designed with more of a focus on use with guitar and bass di / amplifier front end applications.