< Tous les avis Waldorf XPole
Waldorf XPole
Waldorf XPole

Filter from Waldorf

Write a user review or Ask for a user review
AlexPalmito AlexPalmito
Published on 01/21/07 at 14:01
Dual analog filter (numerically controlled) with various modulation possibilities (2 LFO, trigger, envelopes ...). Operates in stereo or dual mono.
two entrances / exits in two symmetrical jack, plus a trigger input, two inputs cv / gate (jack too, to sync to the old!), and MIDI trio (for sync of 2000!)

USE

Uh it's easy not easy at first, we quickly had to lose, and even with the manual.
The filter at the same it can be very powerful, and with modulations in addition are twisted very quickly and its signal can also quickly burn its speakers (or ears, extract from the manual: "this device, used with amplifiers, speakers or headphones , can generate volume levels do irreparable damage That May hearing.For to your shoulds this reason you keep the volume at tolerable levels. "It is clear !!)
the edition is quite extensive, especially thanks to the 20 possibilities modulation (LFO, envelopes, trigger, left, right input, etc ...), we quickly had to end up very far from what we were looking for but it is always surprising and pleasant ...
so better to be patient and have time if we want to get a own thing

So as I said before, the filter at the same it is very very powerful, and sounds wonderfully !! the only small defect would be the race of the buttons is not linear but divided into 128 steps (noon oblige !!) suddenly not mean, the cutoff for example, if one opens or closes slowly it is not linear. Too bad ....
But the grain that he does forgive quickly !!
According to the settings can be achieved at very different stuff, the little "excited" (very high filter resonance rather high, ca sparkles !!) to the big distortion on the beats (entry level block, small trigger the cutoff, no resonance, the AC crisp !! bjork homogenic on), is truly something to spend hours ....
I just love ....

NOTICE GLOBAL

I've had about 5 years, in the early to strictly electro, and I began to enjoy myself to test it on a little while, result: I love it more and more.
-which I like most is the sound, the filter power (the many possibilities modulation), the fact that everything works in the south, and the CV inputs / Gate (suddenly I hesitate less to buy an old analog machine without twelve o'clock genre 303, SH101 ...)
-which bother me a bit that is not on the cutoff, but hey, in the end I not use it too much to toy with the cutoff, but really as an effect
I would do this choice without hesitation (especially if it's a friend who me loose for 300 euros !!), I think if we have the utility and the urge to lean on is a terrible machine. After if it's just to have fun with the cutoff can be it's worth the shot to find a cheaper stuff (and with a linear cutoff ...)