Echo Audiofire 4
Echo Audiofire 4

FireWire audio interface from Echo belonging to the Audiofire series.

algofribaz algofribaz

«  A really good card »

Publié le 10/10/10 à 13:06
I chose this card because it had good reputable, I had already had a map layla which was excellent and she silent censment recognized by Linux.
Project as having to buy a laptop, I anticipate a little by taking the card.
His two preamps (excellent IMHO), its two other inputs as well as among its SPDIF me enough.

Unfortunately, I did not finally taken the laptop and with full support under Liux ffado Relva fantasy. (AC AudioFire not come from its installation on windows was done in 5 minutes.)

The drivers are stable? a priori, yes, sometimes I had some unexpected changes of resolutions but I'm not sure that was either because the card.

What software do you use most often? Tracktion 2.0 audacity

How many tracks you get record / playback conjuction? ... 4 tracks in recordings, and a dozen in reading with VST and VSTis

What latency you get? Few ms,

GETTING STARTED

Installation is it without problem?

I took the precaution in buying a firewire card with Texas Instrument chipset so Windows 5 minutes max
Plutt plug it in ubuntu, try, comp, reinstall goes on a forum, reinstall, try, cry and return to Windows. (I criticize not Linux, I use it for my job, but the facility is not available all ... at least not me :-)

Gnrale configuration is easy? yes

The manual is clear and sufficient? Yes, actually I just walked, it's not needed.

For how long have you been using it?

I used 4 months

What is the specific feature you like best, the least?

the sound is very good, excellent dynamic
the least: it is a bit ugly, it doesn't under linux (if it is not rdhibitoire windows or mac os)

How do you report qualitprix?
pretty good on occasion because the sound is really good

Have you tried many other models before acqurir?
Oh yes! maxi sound home studio (a crap), Event Layla 20bit (the great era), M-Audio Delta 2496 (very good, the only really works as a plug n play under linux but not enough input es) a tascam us 428 (latency inoperative shit, tascam dplorable SAV) a SEKD an RME Digi supposed to work under linux and that worked very well but not that worked very well under Windows.

With exprience, you do again this election? ...
I sold it today because I want to go under ardor, Linux (Tracktion tired) so I strongly advises Windowsy mcaosiste and confident and maybe that compile for Linux users as they breathe.
But since this is not my case I'll take another card. surely an echo layla 3g 24 or because it is really very good maps much more accessible than the RME well that I think at the same level.