< Tous les avis Echo Audiofire 8

FireWire audio interface from Echo belonging to the Audiofire series

los3cobos los3cobos

«  PERFECT »

Published on 01/13/14 at 02:27
ECHO experience (I had almost the full range: Gina, Layla 3G Audiofire then 4 and 2, replaced by a Audiofire 8) and the bad experience MOTU several friends have kept me from ECHO.
Quality, 8 analog inputs / outputs, 8 controllable on the virtual table digital channels, preamp super quality, very nervous, very detailed, ADAT, midi, ... Brefr while to concentrate on the music.

I use it all on an iMac 27 i3 with an external HDD.

ultra-stable drivers.
latency of 4.5 ms with a buffer set to 64 in Logic.
one branch, we play, we do not feel any lag, even with direct feedback from the disconnected table.

I mix our album right now with forty tracks and plug ins and no problem.

GETTING STARTED

RAS, everything is clear and simple. No need for manual

I use ECHO for 12 years and it never bugged.
On Audiofire 4, I sometimes had some problems with logic, it would sometimes turn off and on the card so that the clicks disappear with a buffer set to the lowest.

otherwise with other AUDIOFIRE, RAS. Audio stream seems much more stable than firewire PCI (at the time I was turning my music on PC).

what I love most: the full routing, latency, preamp and A / D conversion

what I like least: the limit, the knobs on the front are plastic where everything else is aluminum. May be missing a button to adjust the volume of outputs 1/2 (ok, I quibble, I set everything on a small mixer or directly in the virtual and zouuu mixer).

Unbeatable quality / price. honestly, difficult to discern quality of RME Fireface.
I do not understand Echo has stopped production.
In my opinion, these are excellent technicians but not very good at marketing. Their products are just FA-BU-lous and they benefit from being more known. shame ...

And at least it's simple. One branch, we play, it saves, it's over.

For those who, like me, are fed up c .. interfaces where you have to be a computer expert to run, and there, we can focus on the music.

I love it!