PreSonus Releases New FireStudio Driver
PreSonus Audio Electronics has announced the release of a new FireStudio Driver (ver 3.3) for the brand's FireStudio 26x26 FireWire recording system.
New Features of the new FireStudio Driver include:
- Expanded Mix Mode – Replaces DAW returns 11-18 with ADAT 2 1-8 for a total of 26 inputs in all 9 stereo mixers.
- 24 Quick route to monitors - Direct routing to Monitors and Phones from the mixer page.
- Auto route to monitors - Auto routes currently selected Mix tab to the user choice of Monitors or Headphones.
Windows Driver improvements include:
- Phase alignment when locking to external clocks has been further improved.
- Improved ASIO performance, particularly on multi-core systems.
- 26 simultaneous inputs and outputs
- ASIO streaming performance on Vista has been improved.
- ASIO clients are now allowed to change the buffer size using the ASIO API, but only if there are no other ASIO clients open.
- Improved support for the WASAPI driver mode in Vista.
- Added support to the ASIO driver's API so that an ASIO host can indicate that it will not attempt to change any parameters and therefore should not affect parameter locking.
Mac OSX Driver improvements include:
The new FireStudio drivers are available at http://presonus.com/technical-support/downloads/drivers-software/
Viewers of this article also read...
- Cakewalk Sonar 8 Cakewalk® Announces SONAR™ 8 Producer & SONAR 8 Studio.
- Chris Hein Horns Vol. 1.5 - Solo Instruments Best Service products announced that the Chris Hein Horns Vol. 1.5 Solo Instruments collection is now a reality.
- Cluster Sound Minus Clockwork Cluster Sound launches Minus Clockwork, a minimal DJ library available for download: 820 Mb of concrete machine sounds, vocodized and granular beats, glitch patterns, warm low frequencies, voice loops, synth & bass instruments.