Baja Tech Custom Da Moaf version 1
Baja Tech Custom Da Moaf version 1
Catharsis Catharsis
Publié le 05/11/07 à 10:21
Baja Tech is a registered little known (to my surprise) that makes excellent pedals, most of which are "clones" of popular pedals but still making more, at least one key that distinguishes the original and clone.

Here is the Da Moaf (for Mother Of All Da Fuzz). Fuzz pedal clone of the Big Muff but "cleaner" will tell us (the rest of the Big Muff Big Muff).

Fairly large, all-metal look "wrinkled".
3 large knobs: volume, sustain, tone.
True-bypass switch (like all Baja Tech seems to me there).
9V battery power only.

All in all no frills, the basic, it is solid.

Usage is rather simple, it's a classic fuzz.

The Sustain knob controls the fuzz, the tone colors the sound and volume ... the volume.

Despite his side and all basic con this pedal is very versatile.

I use it with an Ibanez SZ520QM (SH1 and SH4 rise) in a Hot Rod Deluxe, Vox Wha after 847 and before an overdrive Moollon.

The knobs are responding extremely well.
It will sound very fat (not as a muff anyway) to something much more aggressive by increasing the tone.

I sounds from metal (although despite my Fender Fat) to blues through alternative rock (Smashing Pumkins, Muse ...).

However you need a very clean set of hands because it very quickly for feedback if you push too much sustain (which can also be great).

Excellent short fuzz.

Found on eBay (€ 100), I ogled at the origin of a Das Fuzz from the same brand, but I actually doubled. So I pulled on Da Moaf and I'm pretty happy with this pedal that seems promising.

Now I wait to try it with a Start ... To be continued ...