Pro Tools 12 is available
The new version of the AVID DAW is now available, either via subscription or standard purchase.
Pro Tools 12 does not bring any new feature yet, these will come in a future update, but the real novelty it the way you will acquire the DAW.
Avid announced it at NAMM, Pro Tools 12 can now be “rented” monthly or annually, a good solution for those who don’t have the budget for a full license or only occasional needs. It can also be purchased in a standard way, like for the previous versions. Whatever the option chosen, Pro Tools 12 still requires an iLok 2 USB dongle.
- Annual subscription with updates: 27,67 € / month with a 12-month subscription
- Monthly subscription with updates: 34,51 € / month, renewable
- Pro Tools 12 full license with one-year updates, upcoming Avid Marketplace and Cloud Collaboration: 998,41 €, the update plan is then $199/year
Viewers of this article also read...
- Arturia AudioFuse 8PRE audio interface review Just over two years ago, French manufacturer Arturia first stepped into the world of audio interfaces. More recently at NAMM 2019, the Grenoble-based company announced two new models, one of which the AudioFuse 8Pre. Has it been a successful addition to the line?
- Antelope Discrete 4 Synergy Core review About a year and a half ago, Antelope released the Discrete, a new range of Thunderbolt & USB interfaces including discrete preamps, their famous FPGA module as well as the stack of audio effects that would usually come with it. Now back in June 2019, Antelope releases a new version of its Discrete 4, this time providing dual DSP chips in addition to the FPGA. Marketing ploy or real step forward?
- The top commercial audio editing software for 2018 Four years after our first poll on the topic, few things have changed in the world of audio editors, at least according to our French readers.