Avid Releases Pro Tools 9
Avid has announced Pro Tools 9 at AES, revealing that it will work with or without an interface.
Pro Tools 9 is an open platform that doesn't require an Avid/M-Audio interface anymore, but can work with or without any Core Audio or ASIO compatible interface - on Mac AND PC.
The new version enables bigger mixes with more tracks, and pro features including Automatic Delay Compensation, multitrack Beat Detective, full Import Session Data dialog, DigiBase Pro, and other separately priced add-ons—now standard.
Pro Tools 9 lets you work on projects with up to 96 or 192 simultaneous audio tracks (Feature/spec only available in Pro Tools HD 9 software and Pro Tools 9 software with the added Complete Production Toolkit 2 option, 128 instrument tracks, 512 MIDI tracks, 256 internal busses, and 160 aux tracks.
With built-in OMF/AAF/MXF file interchange support, you can exchange projects created in other audio and video software with Pro Tools and vice-versa, expand your post production capabilities with features now included as standard, such as the Time Code Ruler, OMF/AAF/MXF interchange, variable stereo pan depths, and updated 7.1 surround panner.
Along with C|24 and ICON, you can now use Avid Artist Series and Pro Series consoles and controllers to enhance your editing and mixing workflow, thanks to added EUCON integration.
Also, Focusrite, who has been Avid's/DigiDesign's prime partner since 2000, has announced that its MixControl RTAS plugin will will bring the monitoring of Saffire MixControl, inside the Pro Tools 9 environment.
Pricing & Availability
- Upgrade Pro Tools HD 9 : $349.00 – $648.00
- Crossgrade from Pro Tools LE/M Powered to Pro Tools 9 : $249.00 – $648.00
- Pro Tools 9 full version : $599.00
Boxed versions should start shipping November 11th. More details on the new Pro Tools 9 HD and LE/M Powered versions on www.avid.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Togu Audio Line Updates TAL-Filter Togu Audio Line has updated the Windows version of TAL-Filter to version 1.56, which includes the native 64-bit release.
- Sinevibes Gateboy v1.3.2 Sinevibes has updated Gateboy to version 1.3.2.
- LiquidSonics Reverberate Updated LiquidSonics has updated Reverberate to version 1.630.