Sagan Technology Updates Metro
Sagan Technology has updated Metro to v22.214.171.124.
New to this version:
- This is the first version that has been compiled cross platform from the same sources.
- Import Lyrics file option allows the importation of lyrics as lyric markers. The lyrics are automatically aligned to notes on the current track. Lyric markers can also be re-aligned by right-clicking and dragging a lyric marker to the correct location. All other lyric markers on the track are then aligned to notes accordingly.
- New option for selecting the marker type (Lyric, Marker or Copyright) in the marker edit dialog.
- New option added to the Duration Dialog for scaling duration.
- Chord quantize added to quantize dialog allows user to quantize chords without changing the relative positions of the notes inside the chords (Full version only).
- Step duration and options (triplet, dot, etc.) now saved with Metro document.
- Limited support for VST parameter display mapping since few to no plug-ins support it.
- New dialog box (windows only) detailing timing info on why Metro stopped when 'strict plug-in profiling' option is selected.
- New plug-in option 'Resume Before Program Change' required for some GSI plug-ins (like KeyPerformer) to behave.
- Help tags (new for windows only).
- New drums are automatically added when notes are entered and the track is in a drum display mode.
- New option for automatically starting automation record when record is pressed, in the record setup dialog.
- Missing plug-in are not removed upon instantiation of a new plug-in, so that one can use the change ports dialog to assign all of the other tracks in a multi-timbral setup.
- New option for showing 'all file types' in the open dialog. This makes it easier to open cross-platform documents that do not have the correct Mac file type or Windows file extension.
- Mix file type and sample bits are now saved from the mix/render tracks dialog.
- A couple of new items have been added to the track contextual menu.
Fixed in this version:
- Support for Mac OS X 10.3 has been restored.
- Vastly improved windows multi-processor support.
- Vastly improved handling of what happens when a plug-in is pasted across documents.
- Recalculates track positions correctly when the loop icon is toggled in real-time.
- A crash could have occurred after real-time audio transpose.
- A crash could occur depending on remote control display settings.
- Improved handling of 32 bit little endian audio files.
- In some cases Aux VU's were not updating in the mixer window.
- The factory metronome could get unexpectedly muted or could sound at the wrong time under certain circumstances.
- Improved defaults in the Port change dialog.
- Many improvements to non-ASIO windows audio, including external MIDI synchronization improvements.
- Playback looping is consistent now when two or more tracks have the same length and one is looped and the other is not looped.
- Switching between jukebox and transport playback improved.
- Metro document was being marked changed in some cases when it was not.
- Increased the space before the time in the list editor making event selection easier.
- When an ASIO device was selected, Metro was producing an audio glitch on stop in some cases.
- During the loading of a Metro document, if a missing plug-in was part of a plug-in chain it was possible that the existing track's plug-in automation could be assigned incorrectly.
- Master VU clip indicator did not light in certain cases when it should have.
- Many other bug fixes and feature enhancements.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Prodyon Phenome v1.6 Prodyon has updated its free eight-part multi-timbral SoundFont player VSTi Phenome to version 1.6.
- Prosoniq OrangeVocoder & morph AU Updates Prosoniq has announced the availability of OrangeVocoder AU v3.33 and morph AU v1.32.
- Native Instruments Introduces The Mouth Native Instruments introduced The Mouth, a performance instrument and sound processor designed by electronic artist and musical innovator Tim Exile.