Cakewalk SONAR X2a with Windows 8 & Touch support
Cakewalk has announced the SONAR X2a update which includes the support for Windows 8 and the Windows 8-multitouch technology.
New in Sonar X2a :
- Over 250 fixes and enhancements : Various fixes and enhancements based on direct customer feedback.
- Windows 8 support : SONAR X2a adds full functionality support in both Windows 8 32-bit and 64-bit platforms.
- Unique Now Time markers : The Now Time marker changes appearance to indicate if playback is stopped, paused, running, or recording.
- Playlist View Enhancements : The Playlist includes many new enhancements for the live performance environment.
- Updated User Interface
- Sort columns in alphabetical, numerical, or date order
- New columns: Path, BPM, Key, Meter, Project Length, Date Created, Date Modified, Delay, User Notes
- Rich context menu for adding ProChannel modules : When adding a ProChannel module, the context menu shows a visually rich menu with a small thumbnail image of the module, the module name, and a brief description.
- Updated Piano Roll View and Staff View track pane user interface : The Track pane in the Piano Roll View and Staff View shows more intuitive buttons, and the current track is highlighted.
- Visual feedback when dragging items from the Browser : When dragging items from the Browser, the mouse pointer shows the name of the items.
- Accessibility enhancements : SONAR’s power is now more accessible to vision impaired users. SONAR’s accessibility features, including Microsoft User Interface Automation, expose rich information about its user Interface elements such as type, state, name, and value.
- Scan VST folders from the Browser : The Scan VST Folders command is now available in the Browser’s plug-ins tab drop-down menu.
- Multi-touch support in Windows 8 : In addition to the computer keyboard and mouse, users can now interact with SONAR X2a via touch using Intel-inspired Ultrabooks, touch-enabled devices, or compatible touch screen displays running Windows 8. This offers touch gestures for:
- Scrolling and triggering cells in the Matrix View
- Scrolling and basic multi-touch mixing in the Console View
- Scrolling and Zooming in the Clips Pane
- Adjusting loop marker positions in the Track View
- Auditioning and dragging content from the Browser
- Expanding/resizing/collapsing of docked views
- Control Bar Transport module support
- Toggling steps in the Step Sequencer View
- Control of plug-in parameters (no multi-touch)
Viewers of this article also read...
- AudioFanzine met Studio One's technical director Coinciding with the launch of Studio One v2.5, AudioFanzine met up with Matthias Juwan, technical director at PreSonus in Hamburg, Germany, to talk about his career, the future of the Studio One sequencer, and the software department at PreSonus. Interview...
- K-Devices announces drumk 2 for Ableton Live K-Devices announces drumk 2 : beat-oriented samples manipulation instrument for Max For Live
- Valhalla DSP ValhallaVintageVerb ValhallaVintageVerb is a reverb plug-in, inspired by the classic hardware digital reverbs of the 1970s and 1980s.