Valhalla DSP ValhallaVintageVerb
ValhallaVintageVerb is a reverb plug-in, inspired by the classic hardware digital reverbs of the 1970s and 1980s.
8 stereo reverb algorithms:
- Concert Hall. Based on the hall algorithms of the late 1970s and early 1980s.
- Bright Hall. Similar to the Concert Hall algorithm.
- Plate. Inspired by early 1980s plate algorithms.
- Room. Emulates the sound of early 1980s room algorithms.
- Random Space. This generates DEEP and WIDE reverbs, with a slow attack, and more diffusion than the late 1980s algorithms that inspired it.
- Chorus Space. Same as Random Space, but with the delay randomization replaced with chorused modulation.
- Ambience. Combines time varying randomized early reflections with a reverb tail, with the balance between early and late reverb controlled by the Attack knob.
3 color modes for dialing in the tone color and sonic artifacts of a specific reverb era:
- 1970s. Replicates the reduced bandwidth of digital reverberators (10 kHz maximum output frequency). .
- 1980s. Full bandwidth / sampling rate, for a brighter sound than the 1970s.
- NOW. Full bandwidth / sampling rate.
- Set of parameters, organized into logical categories.
- All controls on one panel. No menu diving required.
- Tooltips at the bottom of the plugin window, that describe the currently selected reverb mode and color mode, as well as any parameters the user is adjusting.
- A cross-platform preset menu, with the ability to copy and paste presets in a text format. Share presets via emails, forum posts, etc.
- Continuously resizable – click on the lower right corner and drag to the desired size.
- 2D graphic design.
The copy protection is based on a simple keyfile, and the plug-in can be installed and used on multiple computers. No dongle required, no challenge/response.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Lemur 4 on iOS Liine has released Lemur 4 via the App Store, updating the MIDI/OSC controller app to add in-app editing, plus three new interface skins.
- IK Multimedia AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix App IK Multimedia recently announced the release of AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix for iPhone/iPod touch, and AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix for iPad.
- Korg Legacy Collection in 64-Bit Korg's Legacy Collection is a complete software recreation of five Korg synthesizers.