Image Line FL Studio 10
Image Line Software introduces the 10th and latest version of it's music creation & production program, FL Studio.
Image Line Software also announced that Lifetime Free Updates (LFU) have been extended to all ‘Boxed’ versions purchased from traditional music stores. Previously LFU were granted only to download purchases. LFU are available as a download after online product registration.
FL Studio 10 includes 30 software instruments & over 40 effects covering various musical styles. You can multi-track record up to 99 simultaneous tracks of audio. The Playlist workspace can contain an unlimited number of audio tracks and allows the user to arrange audio events in any order or position.
What can FL Studio do?
- Audio editing and manipulation including pitch correction, pitch shifting, harmonization, time-stretching, beat-detection & slicing, audio warping and standard audio manipulation (cut/paste etc).
- Automate most interface and all plugin parameters by recording, drawing, spline-based automation curves, automation generators with formula based control of links.
- Be hosted in other DAWs as a VST or connected through ReWire.
- Live music performance including video effect visualization.
- Mix and remix audio including apply realtime audio effects including delay, reverb & filtering.
- Multi-track audio recording.
- Record & play MIDI input recording from keyboards, drum pads and controllers.
- Sequencing and arranging.
- Synthesizer & effect plugin hosting (VST 32 & 64 bit, DX and FL Native format)
Key new features in FL Studio 10
- 64 bit plugin support - The Wrapper now automatically detects 64 bit plugins and opens them in 64 Bit 'Bridged' mode.
- Horizontal / vertical zoom & scrolling -New Playlist, Piano roll & Event Editor.
- New memory management - Two changes have been made to lower demands on FL Studio's memory allocation.
o 1. 32 & 64 Bit VST plugins can be opened in 'Bridged' mode. The maximum memory available to the plugin will be at least 2 GB for 32 Bit Windows and up to 192 GB depending on your version of 64 Bit Windows.
o 2. Audio Clips & Sampler Channels Keep on disk option now opens the sample in a separate memory allocation. Each Audio Clip / Sampler Channel can now load a sample of at least 2 GB for 32 Bit & 64 Bit Windows versions.
- Project Picker – Allows preview and selection of Clips in the Playlist & Patterns. Inter-Clip relationships are also displayed.
- New audio options - ASIO: 'Mix in bufferswitch' and 'Triple buffer' designed to improve performance with some ASIO drivers. ASIO/Primary Sound: Revised 'Playback tracking' options to help with alignment of visual & recorded events where soundcard problems exist.
- Autosave / Autobackup - FL Studio can now be set to back up the current project at 5 to 15 minute intervals.
- Fruity Edition – Now gains access to Playlist Pattern Clips.
- Save as sheet music - The Piano roll Menu option File > Export as score sheet saves the current Piano roll as a .pdf in standard musical notation.
- Magic lasso - Circle mouse around Notes or Clips without clicking to make a selection. Time segment options - Beats has been added to Playlist: View > Time segments options. Time segments shade the background.
- Edit Ghost notes - Double Right-click on Ghost note or X1 button.
- Cycle Piano rolls - Shift + H or J cycles through data in Piano rolls.
- Vertical zoom - Vertical zoom now possible & notes include properties view.
- Note stretch handle - On note selection to rescale length
- Piano roll wave-display - Displays waveform behind notes to align notes to audio events.
- Piano roll & Playlist sync - Editing in the Piano roll while in Song mode will now move the Playlist transport in sync with the Piano roll.
- Ctrl+B - Duplicates selection, zoom-range, all (no selection).
- New note view - Rounded notes view.
- Resize Playlist tracks - Ctrl + Middle-click on Playlist tracks to resize them.
- Preview/playback tool in Playlist - Press Alt + Right-click to preview Audio and Pattern Clips.
- Time segment options - Beats has been added to Piano roll 'View > Time segments' options. Time segments shade the background.
- Lock Playlist tracks to clips - Right-click on Playlist tracks to lock and mimic Block-tracks.
- Shift + Mouse Wheel - Move Channels, Mixer Tracks, Playlist Tracks & Patterns
- Playlist Preview Tool - Play back clips by clicking on them with the Playback tool.
- Individually sizable Playlist tracks - Any or all Playlist tracks can now be resized by dragging on the divider between the name areas. Individual tracks can also be locked at a desired size.
- Live Playlist marker types - Playlist Time Markers can be set to Loop, Pause or Skip for live performances.
- Ctrl+B - Duplicates selection, zoom-range, all (no selection).
- Larger mixer view & waveform metering - The Mixer View options include 'Wide tracks' and 'Waveforms'.
- Automatic PDC - The default for new projects, automatic Plugin Delay Compensation updates the PDC settings when changes are detected.
New plugins released with FL Studio 10:
- Newtone (demo) - is a pitch-correction and time manipulation editor. Slice, correct, edit vocals, instrumentals and other recordings.
- Pitcher (demo) - is a real-time pitch-correction, manipulation & harmonization plugin that can correct and create 4 voice harmonies under MIDI control from a keyboard or the Piano roll.
- Patcher (free) – save complete instrument & effect plugin chains as a single preset.
- ZGameEditor Vizualizer (free) – visualization effect plugin with movie render capability. The free open source ZgameEditor can be used to create visualization create objects for ZGameEditor Visualizer.
FL Studio 10 is available for purchase online (via download) or in boxed format through traditional music & software outlets. All downloadable AND boxed versions now include Lifetime Free Updates available as a download after online registration of the product.
Editions and prices:
Image Line Software are pleased to announce that prices for all editions remain unchanged:
- Express Edition (US $ 49, download only)
- Fruity Edition (US $ 99 download / US $ 139 boxed)
- Producer Edition (US $ 199 download / US $ 269 boxed)
- Signature Edition (US $ 299 download /US $ 399 boxed).
Additional information on FL Studio is available at www.flstudio.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Native Instruments Maschine 1.6 Native Instruments has announced the release of version 1.6 of Maschine, a free update for the groove production studio.
- INA-GRM GRM Tools 3delete GRM Tools announces that they have partnered with DontCrac[k] to announce the release of the GRM Tools v3 bundles.
- ASL SoundLab Dub Expander ASL SoundLab has released Dub Expander adds thickness and width to basslines, leads, pads and atmospheric sounds.