Image Line FL Studio 10.5 Beta
Image-Line has announced that the FL Studio 10.5 (beta) is available to registered customers for testing.
Notable changes to FL Studio 10.5 (beta):
- Performance Mode - Trigger Clips using your mouse, touch screen, typing keyboard or MIDI controller.
- New controllers supported - APC20/40, Launchpad, Block, Maschine / Maschine Mikro, padKONTROL.
- Unique controller MIDI input port - Controllers can now be assigned unique input & output ports for feedback.
- Linking includes MIDI input port - Links now use MIDI input ports to avoid conflict between controllers.
- New Content Library - The content library has received a complete overhaul based on user input.
- Options > Project general settings > Play truncated notes in clips - Restores notes overlapping slice points in Pattern Clips.
- Horizontal/Vertical movement locking - Shift (horizontal lock) & Ctrl (vertical lock) when moving items.
- Piano roll click & hold functions - Glue notes, Mouse wheel velocity change, Mouse wheel tool select.
- Piano roll - Brush tool: Monophonic step mode (hold shift for old behavior). Chop chords: Strum & Articulate tools.
- Improved Tap Tempo & Fine control - Updated algorithm + nudge control for Performance Mode.
- Instrument Channels - Ctrl+mouse wheel on Channel button to change the mixer track.
- Stay open sub-menus - Right click to check several menu items without closing them.
- Plugin Picker - Start typing plugin names to highlight entries.
- Right-click data enter - Most controls now allow a Right-click option to type in values.
FL Studio 10.5 beta marks the transition to features that will find their way into FL Studio 11. Image-Line develop FL Studio through a series of public betas that culminate in the next official version. 10.5 is the first in the series of coming betas that will culminate in FL Studio 11. In this way they can ensure all new features are thoroughly tested and customers can hit the ground running with the final release.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Steinberg Dark Planet Steinberg has released Dark Planet, the latest expansion pack for HALion 4, HALion Sonic and HALion Sonic SE.
- jBridge v1.5 + jBridgeM Beta jBridge for Windows has been updated to 1.5. Also, a Mac version, called jBridgeM, is now available as a beta.
- NUSofting DK+ Virtual Drums v2 NuSofting has released version 2.0 of the DK+ Virtual Drums VSTi for Windows 32- and 64-bit.