Jazzware Jazz++ 4.x
Jazzware Jazz++ 4.x

General Sequencer from Jazzware .

snoot58 snoot58
Publié le 11/14/06 à 09:52
Audience: Beginners
Installation is very easy under Windows. Care must be taken not to change its configuration without stopping (using a MIDI keyboard with the times, once without ...) not to get lost.
Linux is another story. I never got it to work out (audio out of date required), and I could not find a packaged version. That said, in Linux, I use Rosegarden 4, which is much more powerful and modern, so ...
The manual is simple, we have over the online help on MIDI concepts on the site of the publisher. But it is imperative to understand English (not French). But as the software is fairly simple and intuitive, it is problematic for absolute beginners.

I use it only on my IBM Thinkpad X20 subnotebook (P3 600 MHz, 192 MB RAM, Windows 2000), with a clavinova as input (possibly out) MIDI.
The software works perfectly under this configuration modest, and the whole is stable. You have to see this software as a good notebook for a composer who can play and edit MIDI files without taking the head with a powerful but complex software. Output formats are limited. Mid (SMF1) and. Wav, so everything is easily retrievable!

I use it occasionally for 6 months, I knew him before, but I had overlooked. I love its light weight, and the opportunity to work on a computer with modest performance. Well, this program is obsolete (even in Linux), but given its qualities, it is unfortunate that there was no update for some time. As this is a free program and free, it does not compete with other programs. It is simply complementary to other sequencers performance. I think it deserves the attention the attention of users who understand English and have an old inefficient machine they no longer know what to do, especially for those who want to learn the concepts without a sequencer invest anything but time!