Friday's Freeware: LNX Studio 2 now available
Sorry non-Mac users, this Friday's Freeware is not (yet) for you, as LNX's new collaborative DAW is currently Mac OS-only.
LNX_Studio is a Digital Audio Work Station created in the SuperCollider language. It is said to feature a powerful set of tools for creating music, all of which can be networked.
LNX_Studio includes a library full of Drum Machines for creating beats, Synthesisers for making melodies, effects for processing sounds, and MIDI modules for controlling internal or external equipment.
Licence is Free (General Public License) but LNX_Studio 2 is currently only available on Mac OS 10.8.5+ systems, with a Linux version expected to be released soon in Alpha version and a Windows version being rumoured (but unconfirmed yet).
- Networked collaborative DAW
- Powerful Synthesis Engine (Supercollider)
- Full MIDI integration
- Virtual Analog synthesisers
- Drum machines
- Step Sequencers
- Piano Roll - (Import MIDI files)
- Record Audio Out
- Presets & Programs
- Chord library
- Design your own instruments & effects
- Control external equipment
More details at LNX's website.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Akai presents Sound Mob Akai has released Sound Mob, a new hip-hop/R&B sound pack available in MPC Expansion and iMPC Pro Pack formats.
- Special price on The Black Album Drums+TS-1 bundle Chocolate Audio and Audiority associate to offer the former's Black Album Drums and the latter's TS-1 Transient Shaper at a special price.
- We talk to Andy Babiuk, author of "Beatles Gear" “Beatles Gear, The Ultimate Edition,” by Andy Babiuk, chronicles the band’s history through the lens of the gear they used onstage and in the studio.