Mackie Tracktion 2
Mackie Tracktion 2
mgoussu mgoussu
Published on 03/13/06 at 06:58
Trouble free installation. However, as I have the updated version does not the version 'box', the site of Mackie does not have enough bandwidth and it's war for a week each time they put an update . Another thing, there is often a patch in addition to the language files, but it always happens very quickly on the net.
General configuration without problems.
The manual is clear and sufficient, and there are tutorials and an active community both here kvr. Some vst vst and i are not compatible so 10-1 = 9

I have a centrino 1.3 Ghz, 512 RAM, sound card usb edirol UA20.
I have no problem in this config. Note that the final mix plug-in, complete with T2 Mackie is very resource intensive, and when I put one on each track, I was a little short on CPU. However the function of gel tracks ergonomically solves this problem.
Level I stability had only n'ia crash and T2 found a temporary file, in the end, zero loss.

I use Tracktion since version 1 and version 2 since its inception. I think the current version is stable enough for me to post my opinion. I'm working on T2 5-6 hours a day for 6 months (advantage of not having a job) and I worked on it for over a year before.
Pros: - The "workflow" as they say on KVR, or ergonomics, how to work. This app is the least time consuming of all the ones I used. I can not now use cubase or sonaar. Too hard with these windows in all directions. The new support for control surfaces.
Cons: no partition editor but a piano roll (piano roll).

For me ... The best software for musicians.