Sound Trends studio.M
Sound Trends has released studio.M for iOS. The app is free and can be upgraded to studio.MX via an in-app store.
studio.M is a DAW application based on Sound Trends’ studio.HD app that offers 4 streaming audio tracks (upgradeable to 8) with 16-bit / 44.1 kHz recording, editing, loop library and automated mixing with effects all controlled by a touch interface.
It includes an in-app Store with more loops by established 3rd parties and producers. The in-app “MX” upgrade adds 4-more audio tracks (8 total), 5 more effects and 130 more loops.
- Up to 4 tracks (stereo or mono) of playback, upgradeable to 8 tracks (via in-app studio.Mx edition upgrade). You can grab a drum loop, throw down a guitar part, add some overdubs and layer-on some textures then export the CD-quality audio recording to your Mac/PC if you want.
- Increase/decrease the song tempo to conform audio to Project's BPMs.
- Included Loop Sets logically group loops in color-coded instrument parts (drums, bass, guitars, keys, etc.). Loops can be auditioned at Project tempo.
- Access to 100 loops as Loop Sets spanning Trance, Hip-Hop, Breakbeat, Drum ’n’ Bass, Minimal, Progressive House, Reggaeton, Industrial, Rock, Pop, Funk and Country styles. Upgrade to MX for 130 more loops.
- New loops available from 3rd party providers plus boutique producers in in-app store.
- Standard Cut/Copy/Paste, Split and Crop functions are supported and operations snap to Bar/Beat based on Zoom level. The Loop Control Bar sets loop regions for recording and playback and serves as an edit tool to Cut/Copy/Paste whole verses/choruses. Loop/repeat audio to play longer. 10 levels of Undo . Pull and pinch zoom plus double-touch to Auto-Zoom your whole composition into view.
- Each track has a volume fader and up to 4 real time effects with automation. You get Compression, Pan, Low/Hi Pass Filter and Reverb. The studio.MX upgrade adds Delay, Flanger, Gate, Stutter, BitCrusher and Glitchy Repeater. An X-Y touch pad controls effect settings and automation.
- New recordings associated with your project can be browsed, renamed and tagged with BPM. Delete recordings by dragging them off the timeline. Archive recordings, Projects, mixdowns and user-created custom loops to the computer.
- Import/Export your own 44.1/16 bit WAV files via iTunes. Edit your studio.M recordings and add to your "My Loop" sets for reuse across multiple Songs/Projects.
- Create your CD-quality mix and save it to your Mac/PC and post it for friends to hear.
- Use Gruvtron or other apps to create new instrument parts and paste them to a track.
studio.M is free. The MX upgrade is $7.00.
Viewers of this article also read...
- FXpansion Ski Rize Dubstep FXpansion has released Ski Rize Dubstep, a Geist Expander for gritty dubstep music.
- IK Multimedia iKlip Mini IK Multimedia, makers of the iKlip for the iPad, announces iKlip Mini, a microphone stand adapter for all versions of Apple's iPhone and iPod touch.
- Soundhack Pvoc Kit Tom Erbe of SoundHack has released the Pvoc Kit, a new bundle of four plugins based on the Phase Vocoder in SoundHack and redesigned for real-time use.