Agrandir
Steinberg Cubase LE
Steinberg Cubase LE

General Sequencer from Steinberg belonging to the Cubase LE series.

SebCK SebCK
Publié le 03/14/07 à 17:14
Very easy installation.
Compatibility is very good but we must still make some adjustments that once treated are only details.
The software itself is fairly simple to access, but I find the interface more intuitive SX2 an example, especially for the treatment of sound, sfx, distos ...
No need to book.

Old PC, 2GHz, 512 DDR M ...
With a mixer Yamaha MW10 USB, the software (or computer) train a little, and you end up avce shifts in the tracks and latencies frequent.
With a presonus FIREPOD, no latency (I leave my settings at 8ms or 12ms which is enough).
Stable ... It depends. cubase sometimes has problems with something or other. And everything must be close.
If you save often, no real problem. It must be a reflex.

I use it for a year, and I like its simplicity.
I used the Sx2 at the time but its instability on my little config did not allow me to advance, yet he was practical.
As a result, the effects and VST that will apply once the recorded sounds are not easy to implement (a "play" button once sub menus or settings are tampering would have been welcome! Cf SX2)
I find this interface obsolete.
So, Cubase LE is great if you work properly to your sound source.
Provided with computer music stuff, it's almost as if it were free.
I have not really tried the "competitor" Protools software but other "background" does not interest me (do not shout the scandal please)