or
Create an account

or

Thread MIDI SETUP PROBLEMS W/MAC G5 & YAMAHA YPT 300, M-AUDIO UNO USB INTRFCE

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 MIDI SETUP PROBLEMS W/MAC G5 & YAMAHA YPT 300, M-AUDIO UNO USB INTRFCE
STILL having a load of difficulty with my MIDI setup and no one seems to know how to fix my problem. I have talked with several people and while there suggestions have been helpful I am still looking for the right answer. First off I will let you know how I have things setup at the moment. I have a yamaha YPT 300 keyboard connected to a m-audio "UNO" MIDI Interface which is connected to my mac OS X (version 10.4.7). I have also used this same setup on my Windows XP. Ok all of the drivers - the one for M-Audio as well as YAMAHA- have been installed properly. I have installed both of them more than once. I also have ensured that everything in my Audio setup is connected correctly. I even called Macintosh and ensured that everything was done right and to make sure it wasn't a computer problem. Lastly I made sure that the software I was using - Finale and/or Garageband- was not the problem (I experience the same problem on either Garageband or Finale so it doesn't matter anyway). I also have made sure my keyboard is set up right for MIDI. Alright, now first off I would like to let you know what what happens when I try to use MIDI. I play a note on my keyboard - it sounds right away- then I play another note say about three to four seconds later and it also sound right away as well. The problem I am having is that when I try when I play any not inbetween that 3-4 seconds it doesn't sound and is not recorded either. All I get is this fairly quiet deep vibrating feedback noise. I have tried MIDI latency settings and this is not the problem. Faulty MIDI interface? Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Brian
Sounds like you've done just about everything. You might go back and try your setup on the XP rig again to make sure your midi interface hasn't died.

The M-Audio website has some helpful forums there that might be able to get you some more ideas.
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD