or
Create an account

or

Thread Corner Workstation Speaker Placement

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 0 follower
1 Corner Workstation Speaker Placement
hi everybody.....im a newbie in terms of speaker placement and acoustical treatment. i have a decent little nuendo setup with a pair of yorkville ysm1-p powered nearfield monitors. because of the layout of my room it is difficult to decide where to place my speakers - the only available space is a corner where one long wall (right hand side) meets a short wall (left hand side) that does not meet another wall because it opens to a hallway. hopefully that makes sense. the left wall is 5.5 feet long. so, right now i have a corner desk and that is going to stay, the left hand side of the desk takes up that entire wall. i can either leave the setup the way it is now (the corner is directly behind my screen, i am facing the corner, the back of the speakers are at a 45 degree angle from each wall, they are roughly 4 feet apart, i am roughly 5-6 feet from the corner), or i can change my speaker placement so that they are both against the same 5.5 foot wall, but the right speaker will be near a corner and the left speaker will have open air next to it. i know that corners are traps but the corner setup seemed to be the most symetrical - this other setup seems safe other than the lack of symetree. things are sounding pretty good regardless, but i really would like to know what the best thing to do is in this situation. lemme know!!!!

tristan