or
Create an account

or

Thread So... What's the most cost efficient way of recording your own band?

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
Topic So... What's the most cost efficient way of recording your own band?
So I need to know what software I should use, be it pro tools or otherwise, what kind of mike I should use and anything else I should know. The type of recording that I amgoing to do is just make my own band that only has me in it ;) I just plan to record myself and my instruments. I also need to know what I can do to get a good recording on an acoustic guitar, and If there is anything that I can do that would allow me to play right from my instruments to my computer in real time. So where should I start?:o

%1$s a écrit So I need to know what software I should use, be it pro tools or otherwise, what kind of mike I should use and anything else I should know. The type of recording that I amgoing to do is just make my own band that only has me in it ;) I just plan to record myself and my instruments. I also need to know what I can do to get a good recording on an acoustic guitar, and If there is anything that I can do that would allow me to play right from my instruments to my computer in real time. So where should I start?:o

You just need a mic, probably a powered large condenser mic, a computer interface box, large diameter headphones and some software. The simplest way to do this is buy a Mac, use Garage Band, an MAudio Firewire 410 interface or PreSonus FirePod interface, and a mic as in a MAudio Luna, Rode NT1a or a pair of NT5s. Some interfaces come with software to get you started such as Cubase LE with the FirePod. USB computer interfaces are also available.

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=rec/search/detail/base_pid/240475/?c_tid=topseller