or
Create an account

or

Thread Problem please help! hiss/fuzz

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Problem please help! hiss/fuzz
Hi i use Samplitude/Sonar3 and a delta 1010 with soundcard,which has 8 1/4 slots and i use a xlr to 1/4 to hook mics up to it. first when i record the levels are to low, so i normalize it. But when this is done the levels are fine but there is a static hiss noise. How can i fix this?? any suggestions would help alot thanks!
Hi Delta 1010 user

You are recording a mic signal without the proper mic pre-amplification. Your Delta 1010 is a wonderful piece of equipment, however, it is not configured with mic pre-amps but needs a line strength signal for best result.

When you record a mic signal going (I suspect) to unbalanced 1/4" jack direct into your Delta 1010 you pick up a fair amount of noise. Not using a mic preamp (mixer etc) the noise will then, when you normalize your recording, be normalized just as much. Happy noise!!!

You can go from XLR into balanced 1/4" which your Delta support, but I doubt that it will do the job.
Get a little mixer or some mic preamps ex. Art or dbx minipre. They are tube configured and they sound very nice. app 85$ on ebay on a good day

Martin Nielsen