or
Create an account

or

Thread Soundcard/stereo question

• 4 replies
  • 4 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Soundcard/stereo question
hi guys. i've been recording my band at home, just making demos and such. i have a soundblaster LIVE! soundcard(i know, i know, i will upgrade soon) and it has only one 1/4'' line in and one S/PdIF in. My question is, if i record through a little behringer mixer, is there anyway to get a stereo track through one input on the soundcard? does this make sense? sorry, i'm sure i'm showing my naivety here, but any help would be appreciated. thanks.
The line in of the SB Live! is stereo. All you need is a 2x rca phono to 3.5mm jack lead. Hook this to the tape out on the mixer (which model btw) and run it to the line in on the soundcard.

hope this helps

sub
great thanks alot sub. I have the little tiny UB802. This works great. my only other question about SB LIVE! card is, it has an input called Line/Mic2 but there does seem to be a Line/Mic1? there is another 1/4'' input it appears to be for headphones.

btw- i just recently inherited this computer with the SB Live card in it, that is why i no absolutley nothing about it.
hey y'all! anybody tried the santa cruz by turtle beach? I'm looking for a less expensive sound card that will still do the job with cool edit as the recording software. thanks!!............Bill
[quote="Edgerton"]1/4'' line inquote]

did you mean 1/8"? that input on the "live!" is stereo you just need the right cable that sub mentioned, grab one at radioshack