Create an account

or

Thread How to clean wav or mp3 sound

• 3 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 How to clean wav or mp3 sound
I have two projects: :D

One is to try remaster old vinyl recordings in wav format. They are already captured to wav format now I need to remove clicks, hiss, etc.

Second is to clean up or improve the sound of a few mp3 files retrieved from the internet. They have some type of reberb that I think is common to lower bitrate intenet mp3's

Please help. These are old latin songs from 50's and 60's and cannot be purchased on CD.

Thanks a million.
Well there are really good pieces of software for cleaning audio files. The thing is they are not really affordable.

Sonic Foundry and Waves both have excellent plugins to remove different kinds of noises.

Quote: Well there are really good pieces of software for cleaning audio files. The thing is they are not really affordable.

Sonic Foundry and Waves both have excellent plugins to remove different kinds of noises.

Thank you.

I think the investment may be worth it because I have quite a large number of songs that need clean up and remastering.

btw... acordng to waves.com I guess I need the "Cut by Diamond" Package
I did not know about this Cut by Diamond package. What I can tell you is that I have been using Waves plugins for 3 years and they are really excellent. I do not have the restoration bundle but I tried the demo version a few months ago. I processed the signal from old analog tapes. I was really astonished by the result.