or
Create an account

or

Thread what i need to start my dream

• 4 replies
  • 4 participants
  • 0 follower
1 what i need to start my dream
i want to know what i need to get started as far as equipment. i got a keyboard that is hook up to computer. i know a little bit as far as using cakewalk but some people told me to get cool edit pro. I'm a college student so i only can afford enough to get by.
what kind of music do you want to do?
what keyboard do you have and what is your budget?
instead of starting a new simiar thread i thought i would as here as well, the music i'll be recoring is rock and roll, primarily my band, our style will go anywhere from an incubus feel to something along the line of pantera just not as hard. I already have a 16 channel mackie mixer, we have a couple of shure microphones. as far as price its not a proffesion yet, so i dont want to brek the bank but i would like something nice.

Im looking into interfaces now with firewire, so that i may use my laptop but i also have desktops that i can move around so i guess it would depend on the price, i would like at least 8 ins so i know the price iwll go up a bit. anyways anymore info would be great.
8 inputs! hmmm there are a few...there is a new edirol firewire one...

http://www.edirol.com/products/info/fa101.html

but many others, do some research first if you can, i personally like edirol stuff, but m-audio makes some similar things, check them out
theres so many things out there, i guess i need to figure out if i want fire wire or not, it would be much easier cause my laptop is easier to carry, however if somethign was cheaper i wouldnt mind carrying a desktop back and fourth from where i practice to my house. i dont even know where to start i've checked so many of them out and they're all about the same price