or
Create an account

or

Thread TOTALLY OBLIVIOUS TO WHAT TO BUY

• 2 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 TOTALLY OBLIVIOUS TO WHAT TO BUY
OK, i've been playing guitar for some time now and i just recently started and band and was looking to convert a room in my house into a studio. I want to buy a new computer and virtual all in one software and all that good stuff but I have no clue what to purchase. I want to be able to record everything from drums, guitars, vocals, bass, and all that good stuff. So what should I get. I got a pretty decent budget and the music is Heavy metal. So if anyone can give me any details about mixers, mics, etc.. that'd be great. Thanks for taking the time to read this and yeah...PEACE!! :?
pc with p4 or amd processor intel 2.6 gig speed or amd 2.0 or higher.
DDR ram 1024. Mboard i.e epox 'cos it's one of the most stable boards for audio.
Before buying such a setup you'll first have too decide which soundcard too use. This is important for compatibility between soundcard and Mboard chipset. So, buy the card first.
Obviously you'll need something like 10 inputs into the pc. check out M-audio and Edirol. When it comes to mixing! you can mix everything within the pc, so you could work without an external one. It's not what I would prefere but a lot of guy's work like this.
OS go with xp home or pro it doesn't matter. Sequense program cubase sx or nuendo. When you have all the gear come back then ,because you will need some support too install everything properly Too let it run like a bull the settings need to be perfect.
Hear you soon
regards
chris at www.tsunamimusic.be
hard disk 80 or 120 gig, later on you can add a second one if needed.
and of course a cd writer. And the pc monitor, have a 19 inch. illyama or LG or similar
chris