Elektron Monomachine SFX60 MKII
Elektron Monomachine SFX60 MKII

Groove Machine from Elektron belonging to the Monomachine series.

mrjason mrjason

« A professional table top synth »

Published on 02/07/13 at 21:09
The SFX60 MKII is a table top sequencer and synth that has a 6 track sequencer. The effects are really what stand out to me with this synth. The compression is very good and so are the reverbs and chorus effects. There are a total of 54 effects on it and I am a big fan of all of them, most table top synths do give a lot of effects they focus more on the sound engines. There is no sampling on this unit but it does have 2 input types and 6 output types. It is MIDI capable with MIDI in , out and thru. This unit does not work on batteries just on an AC adapter (which comes with it).

The value for the price of this sequencer/synth is right on, I think it is priced accordingly. I have been working with it since 2010 and having had any issue with it or had anything stop working. Elektron has always been so good to me and if you keep your eye out or join the mailing list they will send out coupon codes and let you know when they are having sales so you can save some good money.

This synth/sequencer has 128 user programs and 24 user program songs. There are 6, 1 band EQ’s and up to 6 chorus and ring modulation effects. I do not recommend purchasing the SFX60 MKII unless you have a general knowledge of working with synths of this style because if you are a newbie it could leave you scratching your head for a while. If you are just starting out with table top synths I suggest going with a basic version just to get your feet wet. This synth is definitely for someone who knows what they are doing.

The sequencer is good and the sounds are even better. This little box can really do a lot for anyone and I recommend spending the money on it because you will your money’s worth out of it pretty quickly.