The Korg Electribe is back
Korg introduces today its new products for the fall term, and among them two new versions of the legendary Electribe.
10 years after the Electribe MX, Korg launches a new edition of its portable sequencer. It features a touchpad, a brand new step sequencer, new compression and overdrive effects as well as master effects and most of all, a new PCM and analog modeling sound engine that employs no less than 409 oscillators. The PCM engine mainly offers rhythms, but you’ll also find multisamples of keyboard sounds (Korg collaborated with Sample Magic, Loopmasters and Prime Loops).
Plus, the new Electribe includes the filters of the KingKORG and the device can be synced to the Volca, the previous Electribe models, the MS-20 synth or the KinkKORG, as well as Ableton Live (it ships with Live 9 Lite): you can save your creations and mixes to the Electribe memory and then load them directly to the DAW as a scene or a clip.
You’ll also find 16 pads for pattern creation and a Touch Scale feature that allows you to play always in tune in any key by moving your finger on the touchpad.
- 24 voices of polyphony
- 16 parts
- 409 oscillators
- 16 types of filters
- 72 types of modulations
- 250 pattern memory
- 38 insert effects
- 32 master effects
- 64-step sequencer for each part, up to 24 sequence modulation for each pattern and the last step can vary on each part
- 16 velocity-sensitive trigger pads
- 1/4” L/R audio outputs
- 1/8” headphone output
- 1/8” line input
- MIDI I/O
- USB Type B port
- 1/8” Sync I/O
- Storage to SD/SDHC cards
- Powered by 6 AA batteries or adapter
- Dimensions: 339 x 189 x 45mm
- Weight: 1.6kg
Visit www.korg.com for more info.
The other good news is that Korg also designed a Sampler version of this Electribe. This edition features all the specifications above, along with a new generation of hybrid synth engine that blends sampling and analog modeling. The Electribe Sampler includes a large sound library and can store up to 999 presets and samples. You’ll also find a Time Slice feature that allows for storing a sampled loop synced to the tempo of your track without changing the pitch, and a resampling feature with sound and effect automation. This edition also works with Ableton Live.
More info about the Electribe Sampler at www.korg.com.
Now the bad news, for you’ll have to wait until November to see the Electribe 2014 edition at your local retailer, and pay 399€, the price is the same for the Electribe Sampler, this version will be available in December.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Audiothingies updates the P6 firmware Audiothingies released version 1.0 of the firmware of his P6 polysynth module and announces lower prices for his DIY kits.
- Win an Arturia Gold MiniBrute SE Arturia invites you to celebrate their 15th Anniversary with a video contest. Among the 15 prizes, a unique Gold version of the MiniBrute synth.
- DSI ships the DSM01 Curtis Filter Dave Smith Instruments announces the availability of its DSM01 Curtis Filter Eurorack module.