Tech 21 British
Tech 21 British

Guitar Amp Simulation Pedal from Tech 21 belonging to the Character Series series.

Virtual Decadence Virtual Decadence
Publié le 03/09/10 à 02:23
Fully analog like any Sansamp.
Jack Connectors simplistic 6.35 IN / OUT and a switch (not seen if it were a true bypass).

OK for use in home studio, we would have liked an XLR DI output. And in addition to plug an amp, it would love a disengagement of the speaker simulation. But it is valid for the entire series and it does not interfere in anything.

Everything that is said about the Character Series may seem exaggerated. For my part, I 3 (VT Bass that I can not do without, Blonde and British) and after years of Line 6 modeling, I feel like I rediscover the dynamics of my instruments.

The sound is not good ... it is excellent. In any case better than all versions transistor Marshall stamped or numerical models I've tried (Line 6, Amplitube, Guitar Rig, Vox Tonelab, Logic Amp Designer ... I've always been disappointed by the modeling Marshall while it's on his other like Fender, Vox, Soldano ..). And it is 100 times lighter than my body double JCM 800.

The small plug "manual" is useful to start. 30 seconds and it was all inclusive.

I use it for good on rock sounds very bold (or I prefer Fender and Vox).

But it is worth noting that, contrary to models of Line 6, one can obtain a true pure sound "clear" Marshall with this pedal. I know that's not why we want the Marshall in general, but is significant in light or in slight crunch.

As already stated, I have a JCM 800 that I use anymore. I also have a POD XT and a Toneport that I sell presto. Because good amps and effects have a thousand things are going well but now I need to register my rock band and not need a thousand sounds.

It is expensive when viewed as an overdrive (and on this ground, it's still a killer) but as preamble for home studio or on stage DI is excellent value for money.

Most

- It sounds with all my guitars: Gretsch Hollow-body, Danelectro 59, Line 6 Variax, Fender Lead both live sound card or console in an amp like overdrive.
Edit: With Les Paul Reissue 58 of our guitarist is "guaranteed erection"!

- You can make sounds clear typed Marshall and bluesy crunch good "fat"
- You can send the timber without breaking the bank back
- The look
- Packaging (see my review on the VT Bass)
- The best transistor overdrive I've heard that it is in the amp or pedal (even better than my late Marshall Guvnor).
- Magnifies the sound and the dynamics of a low-end amp.

The -:
- Connection could be more pro with a real ID (a version Deluxe Programmable maybe one day?)
- Simulation of non-releasable HP
- The plug is misplaced (near Jack). Why this error of stupid design?
- Give a furious desire to have the entire collection (and these bastards out more emulation Hiwatt and Orange in a few months).

I would do this choice without hesitation.