MXR M148 Micro Chorus
MXR M148 Micro Chorus
Thierry255 Thierry255

«  Great advantages but two unacceptable defects »

Published on 02/05/14 at 07:07
Chorus battery powered or standard type boss (mA Low consumption elsewhere) alim.
One knob for varying set speed & intensity of the effect.
Analog pedal, no possibility of stereo.

If you can not adjust this one ......... !
Boution a rotating and an "in" and "out" for the connection ...
I did not have the manual but there is you really need??!
I wanted an extremely simple chorus of use, here it is served!

Trendy facade, its clear, the effect is particularly effective. I use it on electric guitars.

The chorus sound is really successful, it can cover rather different styles (I rarely use extreme settings), just with a single knob control. Also advantageous to modify its chorus with the tip of his cowboy ': D
We can not reach extreme sounds, chorus goes "relatively quiet" to "present", without necessarily having the bright side (or metal, one might say) as could be the Small Clone for example, with highs that are brightened (too).

I will not comment on the record with chorus + distortion in front because it is not my use.

Plugged into the effects loop, there is another story .....

I have 2 problems with this use (defects that appear more frequently on this model), which are absolutely crippling me.
Both the clean and saturated, I have a strong increase in volume once the effect engaged!
I was able to partially reduce this phenomenon by placing a buffer just before ... I would have made the investment ...... If I had not had another sound phenomenon that bothers me.

For distortion (I use one of my amp), I too love the chorus placed before (I think it makes less accurate sound), so for me it is placed after chorus, and this is where the rub! ...
With large placed behind distos means behind the distortion as a flanger sound (although present in the first half of the race of the knob) I do not want!

Pedal used about 2 months.
I tried Neo and Small Clone, CE2, Malekko. Will require testing the M234!
I really loved its use in the clear front! But in the loop, without a buffer behind, for me it is unusable, compared to the increase in volume, and the background noise flanger (which I find not as pronounced on other models) on top of that finally I decide to sell.
For someone who would use the front and the flanger sound that does not bother it is a magical pedal!
It leaves me without an aftertaste of unfinished because it has great qualities but also major defects .... What a pity ...