Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe
Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe
Publié le 08/07/10 à 17:51
Roger Mayer's Voodoo Vibe is a versatile guitar effect pedal that consists of chorus, tremolo and vibrato effects. The pedal is an analog one with a ton of control over your sound. The pedal has an interesting array of different 1/4" connections for input, HW and buffered outputs, and a set for external speed, which I'm not really sure what they are for as I've never used them. The pedal requires a nine volt power supply and isn't rack mountable as it's a foot pedal.

There is a whole lot that can be done with the Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe pedal in terms of utilization. For starters there's a mode knob that's labeled "function" that allows you to choose between tremolo, vibrato, and chorus effects. Next there are parameters for speed range, speed, intensity, symmetry, bias, and output. Between the different speed ranges and general effect modes there are pretty much an endless amount of effects possible with this nifty little box. A manual is probably only necessary if you're a beginner, and if you're using this pedal I doubt you're a beginner.

The sound of the Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe is nothing less than outstanding. All of the effects on the box are top notch, and they can all be manipulated in a variety of ways as well. I like the box best for the tremolo effect personally, but the chorus and vibrato are awesome as well and are just about as good sounding as any other effect of their type that I've used. I love how much control is available within each category of effects, making the possibilities quite vast within a very realistic and full sounding effects box.

The only reason that I can't give the Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe a 10/10 is because of the price. While it's certainly one of the best pedals of it's kind, the price makes it unattainable for most users including myself. I'm glad to have used it in a recording studio setting, but I wouldn't mind owning it if it was a bit cheaper. If you can afford this pedal, it's probably worth it, but most unfortunately will not be able to...