Boss DD-5 Digital Delay
Boss DD-5 Digital Delay
heads on fire heads on fire

« Nice delay pedal! »

Publié le 11/07/11 à 10:51
4 switchable delay ranges
11 different delay modes
Compact stereo delay pedal with 1ms to 2000ms delay capabilities
Tap tempo capabilities in real time with optional FS-5U footswitch
Hold mode for sampling passages
Reverse mode for new and unique sounds
AC adaptor or 9V battery operation
BOSS 5-year warranty

The DD-5 is my favorite out of the DD series. I got one of these when I was in my first "labyrinth pedalboard" phase, and after selling off most of those pedals, I still kept this one. It is a nice, musical delay, with the right kind of features. It's got a wide range of delay times to select from, and with a footswitch it can do tap tempo. The LED is very easy to see onstage in a dark club. It has a great housing, as always from Boss, and superb stomp switch as well - very durable.

Here's where the pedal shines. It's not the greatest delay I've ever used, but it is up there. For the price, it is fantastic. I can get great slapback tones, ambient tones, guitar solo tones, and everything in between. The reverse mode is pretty cool - if I remember correctly, it seems like this was the first pedal to offer a reverse delay setting, and it is worlds of fun to play around with. Plugging this pedal into two different amplifiers is another great way to inspire, as the resulting sound is huge!

Solid 8s across the board from me. There's not a bad sound in the unit, and it's definitely not going to die on you at a gig (unless you run it with a battery - this thing DEMOLISHES 9 volt batteries). I'd recommend finding a tap-tempo footswitch for more versatility. For the price, under a hundred used, I'm not sure if you can find a better delay pedal. Highly recommended.