DigiTech Death Metal
DigiTech Death Metal

Distortion from DigiTech belonging to the X series.

MGR/Rob MGR/Rob

« Digitech Death Metal »

Published on 11/01/04 at 15:00
I paid $50 for this pedal at george's music. My amp's stock distortion just wasn't cutting it so i started looking for distortion pedals. I previously bought the Turbo Flange by Digitech and was very satisfied so i decided to get another digitech. I didn't want to pay $80 for the metal master so i looked at their new series.

I love the raw sound it gives perfect for any type of metal. I currently use a 10 watt guitar package amp with it. When i go out to stores and try out the world reknown marshall distortion/amps and a guitar that costs double mine i still prefer the death metal pedal over it. Can't wait till i get my marshall 50dfx then itll be even more amazing. Sounds amazing with downtuned strings and is great for rhythm as well as doing solos. Also an incredibly versitile distortion. Has as many if not more different tones then the metal master and costed much less. Amazing deal.

Hmmm....Not much really that i don't like...it takes a while to control the feedback. When i first got it i'd have to keep clicking it off to prevent terrible feedback. Once you learn how to control it the feedback can actually be a very good thing. I use the treble setting and the tone at 0 to create the least amount of feedback.

My brother dropped a ten pound weight on it...it still works as great as ever...also the digitech stompbox design is very comfortable.

One word to completely describe it - Lethal. Most amazing thing i've ever bought. I highly highly recomend this distortion for anyone whos into metal