DigiTech DF7 Distortion Factory
DigiTech DF7 Distortion Factory

Distortion from DigiTech belonging to the X series.

Publié le 06/02/09 à 07:54
The Digitech DF7 Distortion Factory is a guitar effects pedal that models seven different types of distortions. It has a ¼ inch input as well as two ¼ inch outputs – it can be powered by either a 9 volt battery or power supply. The Digitech DF7 isn’t in rack form as it is a stomp box.

Using the Digitech DF7 Distortion Factory is a fairly simple process and I can’t really see too many people having too much trouble with this pedal. The pedal has four knobs all together – three of which can control two separate parameters. The first knob to the left can control both level and has a low frequency EQ knob, while the next has a mid frequency level knob and a knob to set the frequency. The third knob can control both gain and high frequency and the last knob is to set the distortion mode, which there are seven to choose from. The manual is put together well and is good to have around so you know exactly what each of the seven modes are modeled after.

The sounds on the Digitech DF7 Distortion Factory are extremely varied, but I only find that a handful of the modes are really useful. Its certainly a nice feature to have so many different types of distortions in a single box, but I think because of my taste I only like a few of them. This being said, I can definitely see how this pedal would be a treasure to a player who would want endless types of distortions in one box – I just prefer to have different pedals for different sounds.

I’ve first used the Digitech DF7 Distortion Factory about a year ago and while I was pretty impressed with its versatility, it isn’t a pedal that I needed to have in my collection. It definitely has some good sounds on it and the price is really its best feature as it comes at an extremely low cost. I would recommend this pedal for beginner and intermediate players looking to get a nice distortion pedal with a lot of variation for a small price.