Blackout Effectors Whetstone Analog Phaser V2
Blackout Effectors Whetstone Analog Phaser V2
HorrorshowMusic HorrorshowMusic

« Top Shelf Phasery »

Published on 04/04/11 at 22:06
I will assume some level of intelligence on your part (probably not my best move on the internet) and believe that you have not stumbled here by accident, you know what this pedal is, and what it does, and I will not bore you with a retelling of the manual. It's a warm, lush, extremely chewy phase tone and has enough versatility that it should come with presets.

I'm a very simple man, I like guitars with minimal knobs, pedals with minimal switches, and women with minimal...nevermind. My point is, this pedal was a bit complex for me, lots of options and such, so the manual was key in setting it up. But once you have the hang of it, and know what you like/don't like as far as the larger things, dialing in tones within each mode is relatively easy. The knobs on mine were a little easy to move accidentally for my taste, but that's only an issue in transport.

In my case, it was down to either this, or the Diamond Phaser, and at the end of the day the Whetstone just has a better sound. It's thicker, like the Bad Stone it's name comes from, than most phasers and you can really get lost on the phasing, which I like. Those who prefer a more subtle phase tone should not be wary though, it can easily be dialed back for a more mild sound.

All things considered, this is exactly what I called it, Top Shelf Phasery (It's a word, look it up (Don't)). There's really nothing not to love, between all the different modes and all of the options within each mode you can pull up pretty much any phase tone you can imagine, and more. Again, the only improvements that could be made would be either the addition of presets or a footswitch to scroll through the different modes, but I would hold my breath for neither. These small things aside, it's really something everyone who enjoys phasery should check out.