Pfeiffer Electronics Pfeiffer Phaser
Pfeiffer Electronics Pfeiffer Phaser
wx2buzz wx2buzz

«  "Tweackabilité" is the word! »

Publié le 08/10/11 à 12:02
This is a Phaser pedal analog gauge Boutique, handmade in Oregon, United States.

Analog technology inspired by the MXR Phase 90. shema with four N-Channel JFET transistors and operational amplifiers TL071 close to the Phase 90.

It is capable of sound AND Scrip Logo according to the settings.

Speaking of settings, that's where it stands out, there are three:

-Depth: depth of the effect of the initial signal
-Rate: Frequency modulation of the effect
-Feedback: manages the amount of feeback the phaser (This creates a resonance and a more pronounced effect of "Sweep".

The pedal is Thru Bypass. Power 9v negative center (the Boss) blue LED light, visible and well located (both on the tabletop pedalboard) Brushed steel look great with screen printing laser printed on polymer. She is very beautiful!

As already mentioned, it has more control than most phasers (which normally do Rate / color swith) And to have these settings makes the Pfeiffer Phaser pedal more versatile and it is to really get a multitude of sound. I like the "Tweackabilité" offered by this pedal. (Of course, other models like the Subdecay Quasar Phaser Modmax Electronics and Studio, offers many more adjustments, but I think Pfeiffer is the perfect compromise between simplicity and Laboratory! It has all the essential settings.)

Very easy to use. No one loses! 3 knobs and a switch! everything is very intuitive. we look for the sound that we like a fast time and we know the secret of popular pedals and how to reproduce (Small Stone Phase 90, Phase 45 Script and Block)

In terms of Sound. it's great. it's hot, it's like! I would not say that it sounds so similar to the phase 90 but it wins hands down in terms of versatility against it. We can draw sound, subtle, lightly. a lovely lush. Or, one can draw a much more audible, dramatic and colorful. (It is this versatility that others do not.) Effect Leslie also very good!

HOWEVER! take the components of Phase 90 causes the same defects! It has some headroom in terms of earning capacity as a starter, let me explain:
If the source being sent to the Pfeiffer is too strong it will be distorted. Gaffe to do at what level are sent to the pedal. But that will not interfere with the guitarists and applies only to specific uses (such as myself, see the opinion global)

Another point is that the Depth is never quite Wet, there is still a part of the signal direct dry well, depth to bottom. not a minimum, only one remark.

I am available for the use with synths / keyboards and am very satisfied. (I only have to be careful to handle the juice that I send him!) For Rhodes / Wurlitzer / synth is great but on Super Bass and guitar as well. I tested in stores all phasers available in this price range (under $ 200 and not shop) and came away with The Pfeiffer Phaser! (I tested VS Phase 90, Phase 100, Small Stone Phase Malekko, Option 5 Destination Phase and Subdecay Quasar Baby) I expected a lot from the Phase 100 and was greatly disappointed! The Subdecay was very interesting but I also preferred the Pfeiffer.

Another point, I had some questions and wrote in Electronics and Duane Pfeiffer Pfeiffer itself (the one with the pedal and built designer) told me in the hours after sending my message! Outstanding customer service is like!

You will find all information about the manufacturer's website:

If you ever Search Phaser versatile, good price and with his remarkable has nothing to envy to all the others, Go for it if you're lucky enough to find one! You will certainly not disappoint!