Lollar Vintage Stratocaster Special Set
Lollar Vintage Stratocaster Special Set
pusherman pusherman

«  This has transformed my Highway One Stratocaster! »

Publié le 03/31/11 à 02:31
2 years ago I fitted my Start U.S. Highway One in 2006 with this kit, and I confess I am delighted!

I tried this guitar that offered a very good value for money (500 € in secondhand first hand memory), a beautiful finish (it sounded perfect vacuum with nothing plugged in, it put me in confidence).

But the sound sounded rather flat for my taste, lacking depth and brilliance typical Fender, which can turn up adding a good fuzz for example.

So I took the bet at the store when purchased to equip it with this kit mics, seeking his 70's, Hendrix for example.

When I received the guitar after amendment, it was a very nice surprise: the sound was clear with an output level a little higher, more accurate, with a beautiful gloss bridge pickup, a sound very balanced in the center ( no rope that predominates over the other), and roundness of micro serious.
The differences in sound on the 5-way switching were really sharper than with the basic kit, and it is generally warmer.

Even when I go with a distal thrust, I never sound shrill unpleasant (at least to grow no matter how the settings of course), but I did what distinguishes his incisive strata of her cousins, and very nice bass in neck pickup.

Brief for 2 years I am very happy with this kit, which turned me real cheap strat my honest but a little soft in a REAL strat versatile, precise, warm, short, well my mine!

Images linked to this review

• photo