Real Fake StratMusicLab, the editor of RealGuitar, has released RealStrat, a virtual instrument that uses a combination of samples and in-house technology to emulate the sound and feel of the illustrious Fender model.
MusicLab RealStrat tech. sheet
Category: Virtual electric guitars
Added in our database on: 10/19/2007
We have no technical specifications for this product but your help will be much welcomed
No particular concern, the interface is relatively clear and the controls are intuitive or explicit manual (pdf) who appeared well done because I quickly found the little info that I had to look.
Only one small problem and 1 only once: when I was playing, the location of the fingers on the handle was no longer, that's all ...
The whole is stable, little space in RAM (about 50MB) and resource proc.
1 large month of use, he replied quite to my needs:
- I play music at best a once a week, especially prog rock, with guitar or there is a need
- I moved several thousand miles from my guitar record, the miscreant did not want to follow me
- I itches a little, but I do not have time to acquire sufficient level to cause too simplistic rhythm in the rhythm, which for the solos, one enters the world of dreams
- So I can sleep parties of all stripes guitar with this app.
- The manner of play, we're in a hybrid guitar / keyboard: a hand decides the agreement and the other rhythm, or decides to hand the note and the other the effect.
- All were played on the guitar are present to my knowledge (bend, pale muting, unison bend, harmonics, etc. ...)
- With amp simulation, the fact that
- I really enjoy playing
- Not amp simulator, it does mean (at the same time, playing an electric guitar without an amp, it has rarely done ...)
- The keyboard command for the different styles of play are divided in two sides of the keyboard playing, so that to move from one game Agreement (Agreement = left hand, right hand = rhythm) to a single player ( = left hand gestures techniques, right hand notes =) I need to change the height of my octave midi keyboard (5 octaves anyway).
I compared with RealGuitar: on the first notes, the advantage is clearly RealGuitar, but after the big sound effect from the beginning, the smoothness and playability are clearly (and very far from my humble opinion ) for RealStrat.
160 euros on their website, very good value for money, especially if I compare to my dilemma out: software or real guitar, amp and some real progress ... no photo.
I would do this choice unless I had enough time and money to invest myself in the guitar, the real ...