VHM Loadbox
le reverend le reverend
Publié le 05/27/10 à 04:25
Value For Money : Poor
I used the amp for 50W version, which I bought new from WHV to Pigalle. Welcome, answers, advice, but but but ...
I had to upgrade to 60 W, with the bulky heat sinks. Why? ben ... Read =

Use simple: an input output. Too bad this evening wrote to White, if ever it goes with wear, how we found it? Eh, I ask you!
There is a bypass, where there's just nothing to writing. We need to know what position is the bypass and which is engaged in the bazaar.
Same for the knob Graduated: percentages correspond to the attenuation or signal that passes?

Well obviously all that it jumps to the ears when we play and we do not touch it much, I admit, but a few that ergonomics is not more expensive, or very little, considering the price almost ashamed of the craft .

No significant change in the tone of my amp when I put the beast to the buttocks.
It's not bad, but I was a little disappointed cons of mitigation.
Let me explain my amp, a Mesa DC5 combo old farts ears to the entire group in rehearsal when I exceed 1.5 in the overall volume. At 1.3 you can hear me over, 1,5 we only hear me. In short, not easy to resolve, must go to the micrometer clamp to find the appropriate volume ... Are shitting in Mesa, could not put a more gradual system volume? There, I feel like I have 60% of the power of the amp as soon as the volume is on 2 general pfffff
So, I say that with an attenuator, I can turn up the volume louder to the amp and mitigated before the chamber for not busting eardrums group: I should also quickly find the perfect sound level and balanced.

Briefly, I plug it all and ... Ben finally, the best compromise I've found so far is my level up to 2.5 only on my overall global output with an attenuation of 85%!
it gives a little leeway but not much after all.
And most importantly, 85% of the housing mitigation VHM is boiling hot after an hour, you can not touch (be careful where it is placed, it quickly burn out his support this thing ...), and c ' is why I dared not mitigate more.

Added 24/06/2010.
With version 60 W, I push my master to 2.5, I play on the master of each channel (no more than 3 in 10, bad, I liked to push more but hey ...) and I set the attenuation about 60%.
Once it heats but it still remains reasonable, and I can adjust the volume more easily than before, puncturing the eardrum a little less of my friends Zikos group

Engin quite expensive for what it is (170 € for the 50W version, after a dozen € more for the 60W version, and yes), medium ergonomic ago foutage of the mouth in the air even if j 'was aware of what was going to cost me my inability to tinker.
Using very recently, my initial findings are as follows.
The (very) good point is that it not distort the sound, what I feared.
The bad point is that if we want to alleviate much, it heats to death: the sudden, we dare not too mitigate the blow is not as radical as hoped
Clearly, I expected more, both to let you work the lights and set my level to be able more easily. On this side, so that the mission is accomplished very moderately.
But what choice have I got?

In conclusion for now: Q / P bad, but I'm afraid to do what I wanted, there were not 36 solutions, and this machine is a (however imperfect). So I despair of finding a completely satisfactory solution to my problem of volume

Remains to be seen whether the use of my stuff does not prematurely fatigue components of the amp (and I mean no lights, where there is normal wear them more if they made more heat)