Boss TU-8 Guitar & Bass Tuner

All user reviews for the Boss TU-8 Guitar & Bass Tuner

Tuner/Pitch Pipe/Tuning Fork from Boss belonging to the TU series.

• LordRiffensteinLordRiffenstein

Banged and bruised, still going strong

Boss TU-8 Guitar & Bass TunerPublished on 04/01/11 at 07:48
    I bought the TU-8 a LONG time ago, easily more than 10 years ago. It probably was my 1st tuner ever! It has seen a lot of use, first just at home, then I had it on a board, it resided in my cable bag etc. It has gone thru a lot, it's been kicked, dropped etc. Although it is plastic, no issues whatsoever. These days, I have it on my workbench where I restring guitars, I use it for quick tuning when re-stringing, works flawlessly. You can use it for bass and guitar and it has a manual mode but I always have it in auto-mode, you can alter the pitch from 428 to 445 Hz and it has a 9v DC input.

I never ran it "in-line" because it will suck tone but always had it on an a/b-switch or the tuner out of a volume pedal. My first gear-tinkering happened when I wanted to get the tuner out of the signal path and have the ability for silent tuning. I got a Boss Line Selector and that was perfect. It performed flawlessly all the time. After all this abuse, the needle has stopped working but other than that, I still use it at home a lot. There are more accurate tuners out there but the TU-8 is great for a quick tune or check up. I won’t recommend this for doing setups and intonation as you will need something that is more accurate but for everything else, it will suite you just fine.

The Boss tuners are industry standards and that didn't happen because of luck. The TU-range has something for everybody and plenty of pros are using them. Nothing but good can be said about this tuner! Most tuners these days are in pedal-form but if you need something at home, for acoustic guitars etc, the TU-8 is a great choice. Straight-forward in use and the battery will last plenty of time.