< Tous les avis Sonic Research ST-200 Stomp Box Strobe Tuner
Sonic Research ST-200 Stomp Box Strobe Tuner
xxmartinxx xxmartinxx

« Very nice tuner »

Published on 09/26/11 at 11:29
The pedal features true bypass, guitar and bass presets, programmable tuning settings, it mutes the signal, but most importantly, it is accurate to ±.02 cents. It should be said, I "upgraded" to this from the Peterson Strobo Stomp. It was the original blue version. The main reason I decided to try the Sonic Research ST-200 was the fact that I was really impressed with its supposedly better accuracy (.02 cents versus the Peterson's .1 cent accuracy) and the significantly faster speed at which it was able to pick out the note. I was not unhappy with my Peterson Strobo Stomp at all.

I have been using the Sonic Research pedal for a few months now. I am not so convinced that it is an upgrade from the Peterson. The Peterson did things that this pedal simply does not do. It had a significantly better screen and was easier and more straight forward to operate. The Sonic Research pedal is a lot more fast in terms of tuning, however I am not convinced that it is more accurate than the Peterson Strobo Stomp was. If anything, it seems a little less accurate and sensitive.

If you are a looking at picking up a Peterson Strobo Stomp or thinking about making the change, be warned: it might not be what you are looking for, especially if you use the other options frequently. In all honestly, I only ever used the "sweetened" guitar and bass tunings or flat tuning, so it did not bother me that much. If you are looking for an easier to see display and faster tuning, you can't go wrong here. I think the Peterson has a bit more to offer. If that is worth the extra money to you, or the trade off of speed, that is for you to decide. I just do not think that this pedal is necessarily "the best strobe tuner out there" as many seem to claim. It is a great unit, but not flawless.