Bigsby B6

(1 reviews)
(1 review)
  • moosehermanmooseherman

Bigsby B6Published on 04/20/10 at 14:25
    This is a great tremolo arm. It's a good sized Bigsby for my Les Paul, unlike some of the other Bigsby models. I've seen them used on Gibson guitars mostly, especially hollow bodies and customized Les Pauls. I think that this tremolo system is pretty fantastic for many reasons. Primarily, it has far more functionality than the standard bridge tremolo arms that come with Stratocasters and the like. It also keeps a guitar in tune when using the tremolo arm, far better than the Fender counterparts do. Where it gets tricky is when you compare the Bigsby to some other, newer models like the Floyd Rose. My biggest beef with those Tremolo systems is that they require an absurd amount of maintenance. If you are good at keeping up with this maintenance, they are possibly worth it. This is, of course, assuming that your guitar is realistically compatible with the Floyd Rose. The latter issue has always been a problem for me, and since I'm also not very good at maintaining a Floyd Rose system regularly, it never stays in tune for me. Thus I tend to prefer the Bigsby.
    This tremolo arm has been tried and loved by many great players, including Neil Young, who uses it on his trademark Black Les Paul. I think that may be part of the reason I was drawn to it in the first place, as I am a huge fan of his. I think that it is great in the fact that you can get some great tremolo/vibrato effects with this arm, but are not able to do the cliche "dive-bomb" techniques that some (admittedly great) players use. Considering that those things have been done to death in 2010, I don't miss dive-bombs very much. I just need a basic vibrato to match my left-hand natural vibrato. I think the Bigsby is the best option for that. Make sure, though, that your guitar is compatible, otherwise it can create problems.

Audience analysis (Google Analytics)
Advertising (Google Ads)
Marketing (Meta Pixel)

On our websites, we use the Meta Pixel. The Meta Pixel is a remarketing pixel implemented on our websites that allows us to target you directly via the Meta Network by serving ads to visitors of our websites when they visit the social networks Facebook and Instagram. The meta pixel are code snippets which are able to identify your browser type via the browser ID - the individual fingerprint of your browser - and to recognise that you have visited our websites and what exactly you have looked at on our websites. When you visit our websites, the pixel establishes a direct connection to Meta's servers. Meta is able to identify you by your browser ID, as this is linked to other data about you stored by Meta on your Facebook or Instagram user account. Meta then delivers individualised ads from us on Facebook or on Instagram that are tailored to your needs.

We ourselves are not in a position to identify you personally via the meta pixel, as apart from your browser ID no other data is stored with us via the pixel.

For more information about the Meta Pixel, the details of data processing via this service and Meta's privacy policy, please visit Meta Privacy Policy - How Meta collects and uses user data for Facebook and Meta Privacy Policy - How Meta collects and uses user data for Instagram.

Meta Platforms Ireland Ltd. is a subsidiary of Meta Platforms, Inc. based in the USA. It cannot be ruled out that your data collected by Facebook will also be transmitted to the USA.

Audience analysis (Google Analytics)

Advertising (Google Ads)