Boss FT-2 Dynamic Filter
Boss FT-2 Dynamic Filter

Wah-Wah/Auto Wah/Filter for Guitar from Boss .

iamqman iamqman

« Wah wah! »

Publié le 07/19/11 à 14:14
This pedal was manufactured back in 1986 and continued for a couple of years. This is a cool pedal for those who don't want to use a real wah pedal or can't get the feel of the rhythm of a real wah pedal. This is a filter pedal but the filter is a wah shape. One great feature this has is the ability to hook an expression pedal into the input and control it like a real wah pedal.

There are four basic control to this pedal. First you have the the sensitivity control and that is what it does. It controls how sensitive the filter comes in and out. Next you have the cut off frequency. this is an important control because it sets where the effects starts and will have a huge impact on the effects that it will produce. Next you have the Q control and that sets the peak of the filter. Finally, you the up or down switch which determines the if the wah pedal will start in the down position or in the up position.

Specifications

Controls: Sensitivity, Cutoff Frequency, Dynamic Q, 3-Way Mode Switch
Connectors: Input, Exp. In, Output, AC Adaptor
Current Draw: 16 mA (DC 9V)
Weight: 400g/0.88 lbs.
Input Impedance: 1Mohm
Residual Noise Level: -85dBm (IHF-A)
Recommended Load Impedance: 10kOhm or greater
Recommended AC Adaptor: ACA Series

The sound quality is where this pedal refrains from getting me anywhere. I like the sound of a Vox wah and that is the tone of a wah that I personally enjoy. This is not the tone of a Vox wah. So therefore to me is sounds kind of silly and cheesy. The tone of this is a disco type tone which I hate. So I can't really get into the actually sound of this unit.

For clean sounds this thing is straight up disco. You can try to dial it out but it will be a challenge. If you add some distortion of overdrive the pedal will sound a little better, but not by much. Overall I really can stand the sound of this pedal. It is extremely irritating to listen to. It is corny and cheesy.

This pedal has now been long discontinued. I have not idea what the used price for this pedal. I am sure there are plenty of them out on the classifieds and on evilbay to be had a great price if this is what your style is. I would recommend this pedal to a disco or funk player who doesn't want to use a real wah.