Suzuki Overdrive
dyjytal dyjytal

«  A UFO! »

Published on 05/17/13 at 12:12
Hello everyone!
I play the harmonica for a lil while, my little favorite is the marine band crossover, for its power, because it ets a marine band, and especially for the best set of plants for overbends I've ever met. So much for the presentations.

I just got the overdrive, and ... Wow! It's just awesome.

First, a few weak points:
- The grip is a bit confusing, but with a little practice, chaqun should find a position that suits him.
- It is not put in the hands of novice (this is a personal opinion), I think it is better to learn first in the "old school" way.

Otherwise, I feel I have a new instrument in the hands. Apart from classic alterations, if you mouth the right holes with your fingers, you can access:
- The "normal" overbends,
- Additionnal alterations (less attractive it is true) of valved harps (I had just bought a pro master valved to try, pfff ... it's smart!)
- And even additionnal overbends (when drawing into holes 1 to 6 and blowing into holes 7 to 10)
Is all a range of new sounds to explore, lots of notes redundant for more expressiveness, in short, happiness!

It is also worth pointing out that any "normal" notes (including impairment) sound like a good blues harmonica (which is not the case of many unconventional harps)

In short, it is a real pleasure to be able to play chromaticly on a old times 10 holes.

Oh and the look is nice.
However, I am very disappointed by the fragility of the box that serves as case: broken when the package arrives ...

One of the pages that gave me want to buy : <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.patmissin.com/ffaq/q25.html" target="_blank">http://www.patmissin.com/ffaq/q25.html</a>