Harman/Kardon AVR 3000

«  It's Harman Kardon! =) »

Publié le 05/08/10 à 09:39
I possess 7 years now.
Heavy use: he turned at least 10.000h

Only a few months ago that the volume knob presents its first signs of weakness.

I would not comment on 5.1, I have no center speaker.

I use it to amplify my PC, my machine, the DVD player 2.1 or 4.1.
It amplifies notament a pair of "Eltax Millennium 500 mkII (with pair of bowls 25cm)

The set has a color hi-fi, it hides a lot of defects compared to monitoring (I bring precision because it is in AF anyway!).
Not ideal for working qualities of sounds, of course, but to have fun on the big sound mixing, it goes totally right!

The sound is very good. It is connected by fiber optics to my digital mixing desk. The difference is obvious with a CD player plugged into RCA.
The details are good, its not too dull or too crystalline. The setting options allow adjusting well to the play, independent adjustment of speaker volume etc..

Not need more power I find in my room of 25m ².

No technical problem despite the 3 moves.

It is better to be in a ventilated area because it heats all the same.
I do not use it as a home cinema purist, I just wanted an amp with very good price "accessible" thinking it would take 10 years and during that time I could do good to my ears.

I am fully satisfied with the Harman / Kardon happens to make the entry accessible while retaining the essential characteristics of the brand. In another kind, also the TC Electronic audio interfaces with DSP (24D, Impact).