Celestion Ditton 100
Celestion Ditton 100

Hi-Fi Speaker from Celestion belonging to the Ditton series.

yannmet yannmet

«  Very good small compact speakers »

Publié le 09/07/10 à 17:44
I use this pair of speakers for almost a year. OCCAZ bought to see what gave the brand known for equipping many guitar amps (I had one on my Hughes and Kettner, I still have one on my Vox ...), I do not been disappointed.

Very compact (36 * 22 * 22) they do not leave too much space and 50 watts for 4 / 8 Ohm; They are 2 ways.

I read on an English site deu this model has long been Catalogue Celestion and would be in fact an "upgrade" the speaker referenced "Ditton 10" in the past. I therefore deduced that they must date from the early 80s and I see they have aged very well.

I have two other pairs of speakers low end (Sansui and Technics) to compare the level of sound quality.

They have the look of these speakers go anywhere "pre-mp3" I would say ... built wooden chipboard kind "with a removable faceplate that reveals the woofer and tweeter.

The sound is characterized by very good medium and for my part, they complement perfectly the JBL Creatures 2.1 kit (a very good kit from 2.1 in) making these mediums are a bit lacking in the 2.1 kit in general!

Unfortunately I was not the specific words to say much more but I do not regret my 60 euros and I note also that the consultant classifieds sites that many people separate themselves from this type of material rather often these days, so there is very good business to do for his fans.

In short, if you fall on it to see about fifty sixty euros, take them with you, they will delight your ears I'm on!
To note, I put 8 because I am not an expert so I remain cautious but it's a good 8 earned it!

Images linked to this review

• photo