Epiphone Flamekat

All user reviews for the Epiphone Flamekat

Hollow Body/Semi Hollow Body Electric Guitar from Epiphone belonging to the Kat series.

• MGR/Dave GreeneMGR/Dave Greene

Epiphone Flamekat

Epiphone FlamekatPublished on 01/12/03 at 15:00
    My wife actually bought this guitar for me for Christmas 3 years ago. She bought it from An on-line musicianfriendly store for $799.00 and some change. I wanted a guitar with flash and an excellent swing tone. Not too fat and not too bony at the same time.

I like the Guitar's versatility. I can play anything from swing to heavy metal. It has an excellent clean tone and is very light. I can play this guitar all night without getting a sore shoulder or elbows.

I don't like the fret size. I believe they are medium jumbos. I haven't played enough different guitars to really know the various sizes and how they feel but I have a hard time with some lead situations and I think that might be my technique as well. So don't take this as a criticisim

Overall the construction of the guitar is excellent. I do have an issue with the bottom strap holder. The screw has already stripped out and there is the tail piece that covers the attach hole so fixing it is a drag. The cord input jack comes loose quite often no matter how tight I tighten it. This is some times a drag. When I recieved the guitar there was paint overspray on the cutaway edge near the volume knob. I was so excited when I got the guitar I didn't care. It's still there. I didn't like the vibro tone because it thrugh the guitar out of tune too easy. I had it set up so I wouldn't have to use it. I took it out completely. Holds intonation excellent now

In all I'm very happy with this guitar. I would definitely make another Epi purchase. My next will be a Regent or a Sheraton.